Wednesday, January 27, 2010

But now I've tasted chocolate.....

....and I'm never going back. - "Without Love" from Hairspray

I just wanted to make sure that we are all in the know about NO PUDGE BROWNIES. If you haven't discovered them, now is the time. People, they are the best brownies I've ever had. Well, maybe second best. There is a place in my neighborhood called Il Bambino (I'll talk more about that place later) that makes RIDICULOUS brownies. So I'll say that NO PUDGE is the best BOX brownie I have ever had. Now those of you that know me know that I generally do not go for boxed or pre-made anything and prefer to do it from scratch. I am not sure why I am this way, but I am. Maybe the challenge, maybe because I am choosing what products go in to these things and it feeds the controlling side of my personality, or maybe because I am crazy. However, NO PUDGE is my one exception.

So here's the skinny, literally. They are FAT FREE. This perk automatically sends off a signal in our brains that it's full of chemicals and it's not gonna be that good. All lies! They are all naturally and absolutely delicious. They are fudgy, chewy, rich, decadent, and they never get hard or gross. On top of that, they are beyond easy to make. All you add to the mix is yogurt. How easy! And even better, there is a recipe for single servings. So on a night at home watching some prime time tv and you need your fix, this is your answer.

A woman by the name of Lindsay Frucci came up with NO PUDGE because she was a brownieholic and was tired of them being loaded with fat. In January of 1995 she began her quest to come up with a brownie to her liking that was fat free. After several months and trays of brownies that ended up in the trash, NO PUDGE hit the shelves of stores in New Hampshire in August 1995. Now they are sold nationwide. Lindsay....if you're reading this, you're a genius.

I have to admit, I've been using NO PUDGE for a while now so this isn't something new to me, but I finished off a batch last night and thought I should share. They do come in a few flavors as well.....raspberry, cappuccino, and mint (you will learn how I hate the combination of chocolate and mint...go ahead, judge me, but I just don't like it!). But I like to keep it simple and stick with the original.

They recently changed their packaging which threw me for a loop since I was used to seeing my hot pink box glowing at me from the shelf.
But now it's this...
I like the old one better. Flashier.

The website: www.nopudge.com is full of fun recipes. Maybe I'll try one. But why fix what ain't broke?


3 comments:

  1. Where do you get these? At any regular grocery store? Whole Foods? TJ's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website has a state by state list of where they are available. Chris- they are at Jungle Jim's! I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten them at both TJ's and Whole Foods but have also seen them on other grocer's shelves as well.

    ReplyDelete